Do you find it is sometimes hard to describe the issue you encounter in Petro-SIM to the software helpdesk?
Snapshot and movie recoder functions allow you to record the problem you encounter and your actions with an image or with a video. It is helpful to demonstrate a particular problem or send an issue to Petro-SIM Software Support.
1. In Petro-SIM, you can save a screen image (screenshot) of any view. Screenshots can be printed, copied to your clipboard, or saved to a file. To capture a screenshot of your current view, from the File menu, click Screenshot and then choose one of these options. If you captured the screenshot to your clipboard, you can paste it to another application. If you save it as file, you can open it or import it into another application.
2. The Movie Recorder allows you to record your actions or manipulations of a Petro-SIM case. The recording can be played back using Petro-SIM, Windows Media Player, or any program that can read an AVI movie file. To record a movie, from the Tools tab, click Movie Recorder.
3. Click to start recording . When prompted, click the window that you want to record to begin recording. Typically you would click a Petro-SIM title bar to capture the entire Petro-SIM window with all your mouse movements. To reduce a movie’s file size, you can select only an individual window to record only movements in that view. By default, no sound is recorded. However, if you want to record sound, set the recorder options.
Click , select Options, and then Audio Options. You will need a microphone to record voice.
4. Click to stop recording. In the Save File dialog box, enter a name in the file name field and then click Save. Movie files are saved, by default, to the location for Videos set in your Preferences (Files tab, Locations page).
5. To send your movie recording to Petro-SIM Software Support, use the Zip and Email Movie option from the File menu.